Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birth of My line of Masonic Chairs


I have been kicking around an idea for a Masonic chair for a while. the idea first popped up as , basically , a masonic Adirondack chair. Gavel shapes for arms, compass for the back, square for the front "legs"
I made a prototype of the chair, and floated the idea and the picture on Facebook. I was shocked at the amount of positive feedback I received. I think a lodge of these in the sidelines would be really cool, and the possibilities of lettering the square (such as Lodge and #) , or a carving or two of significant Masonic symbols within the head and legs of the compass bring to it exciting possibilities. Oak, Black walnut, Mahogany, or even paint grade, in honor of what the first thought about these chairs were, patio chairs.